Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Peace, Love, and God

Seeming to miss you like twenty four seven
You're always tapping into my dreams
I swear you're like a tiny piece of heaven
It's like loving someone to the extremes

Wishing I could see you everyday
Wondering what you are thinking about
Sometimes I wish you didn't move away
Though lingering in my mind is doubt

Do you ever miss me like I miss you?
When you say I love you do you mean it
Do I ever cheer you up when you are blue?
Are you willing to just give in and quit?

No matter what I do you have no clue
Through thick or thin I will still love you







ANALYSIS
As you can tell by just reading this sonnet, the theme is love. Though it is about love, it could be written in a different form of perspective. A different perspective would be if it was written from the eyes of a "hippie" type person, one who wishes that there would be peace on earth, and every one was caring, and loving. Or even someone's strong belief in god, and how much someone loved him, and had faith, and was a true believer. In each of the following paragraphs, I will analyze the 3 stanzas, and one couplet.
"Seeming to miss you like twenty-four seven." This could be the writer missing the peace, and when there were no wars on earth, and any killers were not killers, and maniacs in the world who do injustice. It could also be that they miss god, and they miss him being present, and missing all those people who are not strong believers any more. Those who turn away from god, they miss them. "You're always tapping into my dreams." Could state that I always dreams about peace, but then it never happens, and it's just a dream. Or just god sending you a message through your dream maybe. "I swear you are a tiny piece of heaven. " this could mean, like they hear about how beautiful and peaceful heaven is, so maybe I want this line to send a message, that peace is just like a safe sanctuary, just like heaven except its on earth. Or maybe because love is so confusing, and there are many different complications to it, its like god, and the information. Like every time the complications are different for love, and in the different religions, there are different gods, and heaven, no one can ever fully understand heaven, just like no one probably will ever fully understand love. "I swear its like loving someone to the extremes." This could mean, that I am so in love with god, and wants peace in this world so bad, that its extreme, and there is nothing in the world that he wants more, or believes in more.
The second stanza, is where the sonnet starts to change and go off in a different direction, it goes from myself loving it so much, and then in the second stanza it changes and heads off in a negative direction. "Wishing I could see you everyday." I wrote this in a way, where, I wish that peace was present everyday, and that the soldiers were not up in Iraq, but down with their families. Or that god was on this earth still, and not up there because he died for our sins. "Wondering what you are thinking about." This line, I wrote it on how god created everyone, and what he thinks about his creations. Wondering if he ever regrets creating us, because of all our sins. Also it could be written in sense, where I was wondering what Bush is thinking about, creating this war, and deploying soldiers out, this is the opposite of peace. "Sometimes I wish you didn't move away." This line is a little trickier, I put deep thought in to how to symbolize this line, and make it a metaphor. Well moving away in a sense, that they have left us, god has left this earth, and peace has been gone for many years now. And wishing that peace stayed here, and that there was no wars, and wishing that god was still on this earth, still appreciating his life down here. "Though lingering in my mind is doubt." This line also was difficult, it had to have another meaning in a way, I also needed a word that would rhyme. Though this line, is the change of the sonnet, it is the line that switches the pattern from a positive outlook to a negative outlook.
"Do you ever miss me like I miss you?" this line was meant to be taken as a question. Like I am questioning if god ever misses those who are not believers, like we thee believers miss him, or if people ever miss peace like myself, and if technically speaking, if peace ever misses us. "when you say I love you, do you mean it?" Every one says god loves you and will always watch over us, does he mean it, I mean people in their life, take so many wrong paths, and make so many wrong choices, does god really love us? If he did would he let us be taking those wrong paths. "do I ever cheer you up, like you do when I am blue?" For this line, I, just chose to write about love, he didn't metaphorically speak for this line. I just wrote this line on love. "are you willing to just give in and quit?" everyone says of how there will never peace on earth, well I am asking, peace, are you willing to just go hide away in a hole, or are you going to do something about it. People are you just going to quit and give up on stopping the wars. Also god, everyone says that world is going to end in 2012. Are you just quitting, have we sinned that much, are you quitting on us, I know a lot has sinned so much, enough to just give up on the world and just make it end. "No matter what I do, you still have no clue." No matter how much I pray for peace, it never comes. So its like no matter how much I care or how much I do, nothing ever happens, and no one ever knows or has a clue. "through thick or thin, I will still love you." The last line of the sonnet, I think the author was trying to say, that no matter how rough, no matter what he/she has to face, they will still love it. Like for peace, no matter how much I have to pray, I will still keep praying, because I love peace, and I want it to be present in our world today. Or even god, no matter how much harder I have to try to not sin, I will do it, because I love and appreciate god in that way so much. I will do any thing.
This sonnet has many different meanings to it. I wrote it for a love a boy, god and love for peace in the world.

No comments: